Saturday, July 10, 2010

Healthy food AGAIN?

So my 11 year old told me today "Mom, the neighbors are having pizza for dinner. Can I eat over there please"? I told her "We are have a very yummy BBQ with marinated chicken breast and fruit/veggie skewers. I am going to make a fruit dip that I got from my WW meeting last week." Her next statement was "But mom, I am tried of eating healthy foods. I weighed myself and I used to weigh 80 pounds and now I only weigh 72. I don't want to lose any more weight. I am supposed to be growing not shrinking." What can I say to that?

Well here is what I told her. "Honey you are right, you are supposed to be growing. And you are. I think the summer activities have caused you to lose. You are very active and you don't slow down long enough to eat a healthy meal. I hope you realize that you are welcome to eat WHATEVER you want to eat." Then hubby said "Me too?" and I followed his response with "When you can see your feet over your belly then 'YES' you can too".

We both just laughed about it. Was that mean?

P.S. She had pizza for dinner by the way. And our dinner was FABULOUS! She even had some fruit with the dip. I warned her "Watch out it's healthy." She said she likes that kind of healthy. KIDS! LOL!

13 comments:

  1. Watch out - it's healthy!
    Watch ou - it's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I never said I could spell!
    Watch OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you and your husband laughed over that with each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are so cute!

    Recipe for the fruit dip please :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats funny i want to come eat with you guys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I've had similar conversations with my children, though it usually involves why I can't eat EGO waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't have said anything better to my child!!! I love it!
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  8. John is VERY anti-veggie right now which is about driving us crazy. It was like one day he woke up and decided that all vegetables had suddenly turned evil. Wanna come over and whip him into shape? (And his daddy, too? I don't know if he can see his feet and STILL eats whatever he wants! UGH!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you today!! Hope all is well!!! I pray you have a wonderful, strong, stress and pain free day!!! You deserve it my friend!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest thing ever!! Love it...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is way to cute!!! I love it! Marinated chicken is sounding good about now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, where you be? C'mon out and write somethin'!

    ReplyDelete