Friday, April 9, 2010

WHY?

It makes me so sad when I know I am working hard at my weight loss and yet the scales say "NOT SO MUCH." I need to let go of my success being the number on the scales and start noticing the other things. Like the smaller size in my clothes or the ability to walk longer and do higher levels of my exercise programs. All these things are part of my weight loss too. But it is easier said than done to NOT just focus on the number on the scales.
I am the one who wants so badly to see a loss every week on the scales, so when I weigh in and it is a very small gain, it makes me ask WHY?
I was told that my body isn't ready to let go of the weight at that moment and there are many reasons why one's body would not show a loss on the scales. But that doesn't mean I have failed! And for some reason it doesn't make me feel any better either. If it wasn't such an effort for me maybe it wouldn't be so hard on my emotions. I know that everyone has similar trials with their weight loss and I am not alone.
I am thankful for a new week and that my weight loss will get back on track as soon as my body is ready. Just got to stay positive and hang in there!

1 comment:

  1. you switched it up again.... Love it!!! I just wanted you to know that I am very proud of you. I am also missing the daily recipes. :(

    ReplyDelete