Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dinner with NO guilt?

It was so nice to get dressed up and go out to dinner to celebrate of anniversary. We went to a very nice place and I had a great dinner.

When I ordered my dinner I asked the serving sizes of the meat and then asked for a to go box. I order the petite Filet Mignon and it still was 6 oz. The halibut was just over 3 oz. I asked if they had fat free sour cream and of course they didn't. So I had them put it on the side. I took less than a tsp of both the butter and sour cream. I thought it was the perfect amount. I took these pictures with my cell, which sucks at quality.
This is what I thought I would eat after I cut the portions in half.I wasn't able to finish the baked potato. This is the food I am bringing home.
Oh yeah I had half of this HOT APPLE CRISP WITH ICE CREAM.

Let's see how I can rationalize eating this! Apples=Fruit, ice cream=Dairy, caramel=Sugar which is made from sugar beets and that's a vegetable. That's my story and I am stickin' to it. It was very YUMMY!

The waitress was awesome and she even said that she has never had anyone ask for a to go container right off the bat. She was impressed that I left satisfied and feeling very happy. And so was I...I don't even WANT to know how many points I ate and I did NOT feel guilty at all.

Clay bought me a new bathroom scale that registers in 1/10 of a pound. (Which I ASKED for). He knows I love music and a few weeks ago I mentioned how I miss John Denver and that I don't have any of his CD's. So he got me a double CD of his music plus a DVD of his live concert. It was a GREAT Anniversary. Thanks for all the kind comments on my earlier post.

9 comments:

  1. Way to enjoy a special meal out Lesia! Apple crisp... Yum! My anniversary is fast approaching and I think we may go for lunch instead of dinner. I will not be choosing the place we like with fabulous hot biscuits continually brought the your table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    Happy anniversary, Lesia!
    Sugar beets are good for ya, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! Looks like you were treated so nice and had a fabulous time. :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look so happy together! Your dinner sounds amazing, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. And, that you get to enjoy it again today.

    I miss John Denver, too. I love it when someone actually LISTENS and buys a gift based on what WE like, versus what THEY want us to have. That's the entire secret to successful gift-giving, and it sounds like Clay has that figured out. That makes you a lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had such a nice evening, you deserve it! You guys are such a cute couple!
    Hugs...
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stumbled upon your blog today and love it! Love this post. You go girl. New follower and just wanted to say hi = ) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome! Congrats on the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete