Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Jazzercise???

I went to my first Jazzercise class this morning. I knew I wasn't going to be able to do A LOT of the moves but I wanted to at least try. There was only 3 of us in the class and the instructor was informed that I needed some special attention.

Out came this shaky little folding chair and she said "You can sit on this or use it to help you balance." I immediately thought "Yeah right like if I was to lose my balance I will just take that chair right down with me!" But not wanting to be a trouble maker, I accepted the offer and I was off to the class. Because of the over heating issues I have, they placed a GREAT BIG floor fan right behind me too.

Yes I was determined but NO matter how much my brain said "JUST MOVE YOUR FEET!" it just didn't happen. By the time I got my foot where it was supposed to be the instructor was like 4 steps ahead of me. That's how the rest of the class went. Moving my arms was a no brainer but the lower half of my body was a joke.

After the class she told me "You did a GREAT job." I wonder how much more they pay her for saying that? Cause I felt like an idiot and I didn't even work up a sweat. My coordination is awful and the fact I am still struggling with my foot injury wasn't any help either.

I am going back Friday to a much bigger class and the instructor today offered to join me since she will not be teaching that one. So I will have a private helper to show me all the things I am doing wrong.

All in all, I enjoyed the class. I think they are going to come up with a better method of support, other than a rick-a-dee of folding chair. At least I hope so. I guess I could go up to the front of the class and use the stage as a hand rail. NOT!!! I surely don't need the whole class watching me trying to do the moves. I think I will remain at the back.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! Where did you go to take this class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesia...you are absolutely my flippin HERO for taking the jazzercize class!! You're so brave....WAY TO GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that they even offer you that support! And you, missy, are amazing:) Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good girl! You know, it really doesn't matter if you got in all the steps. If you had fun, broke a sweat, and did something brave - then that's all that matters!! Way to go girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I have to tell you that I was totally lost when I first started doimg zumba. I bet you find the second, third, etc classes to be better. Even ifyour legs dont want to move the way you want them to , improvise and do what you can to make the best out of the class for you!!!
    I say this because I went to a zumba class tonight and there was a substitute teacher. She was good. And while some people didnt appreciate her different moves, I really did. She left a lot of things up to us and said to put our own style in it. Now...I am sure the people outside the room were looking in wondering what the heck was going on with 30 people all doing different things, but let me tell you...I left there sweaty and more energized than usual. Sooo...make it your own thing so you love it! Yaay to you for trying something new. It was quite a struggle for me to force myself to try zumba! Now I go all the time!

    Oh-and you dont have to answer my question to you on blog post today since I now know how your class went!!!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesia,

    I am so impressed!!! What an inspiration you are! Keep going ~ You're going great!!! So AWESOME!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed too- both that you went to the class, that you tried, and that you're going to go back.

    I'm completely uncoordinated (no really) so I'm not sure I would've had the courage to go back - even if I could.

    Keep us posted - and in the meantime know that we are so motivated by your perseverance and great attitude.

    ReplyDelete