Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hip Hip Hurray!

When I started this journey last Oct I just wanted to lose 50 pounds. That was something that I thought I would never do. It was just a dream. See being in a wheelchair for 14 plus years, I had made it a fact in my mind that I could not loss weight. Not being able to walk, let alone exercise, meant I could not lose the weight. I was told for years that you have to exercise in order to lose weight. So I let myself believe I was doomed to be fat.

So after I had my brain surgery and I started to get more mobile, I set my mind with this idea to just try it, what do I have to lose right? I joined WW and as I listened to the program I thought "hey, I can do this. I don't have to exercise." And I was right for the first 16 weeks I DID NOT EXERCISE whatsoever. And I dropped 22 pounds. Wow I thought I have passed the exercise test so now lets see if I can lose even more if I try to do some type of exercise. I know it wasn't going to be a 5k or an early morning stroll around the block. But I could ride the exercise bike. When I started I was barely able to do 3 minutes worth or 1 mile.

I am very stubborn and I was not about to let this bike beat me. So I pressed really hard everyday. I was so excited when I was able to ride 10 minutes. So can you guess how I felt when I rode 15 miles in 70 minutes. Yep that's what I got up to till....(the foot injury). I am slowly working back up even with the boot on. Rode 7.5 just yesterday.

Anyway the story behind this blog post is....
Visit SweetComments.net

50 pounds gone...I still have some more to lose, since I lowered my end goal to a lower weight. I just can't get enough of this...NOT! Really its the fact I have a mirror and I don't like what I see yet. Maybe I will never be happy with that mirror but I am loving the ride getting there. So very happy and proud that I did it!

13 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration! How many of us have not had your limitation but still found reasons we couldn't do it, couldn't exercise or lose weight or something else. Good for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lesia, that is incredible! Congratulations on your victory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic news, Lesia! Congratulations!

    I have some catching up to do here. I didn't realize you were in a wheelchair or had brain surgery. Is that all? pfffft.
    (totally kidding of course)

    ♡ your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! That totally ROCKS! You are an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! GREAT JOB :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Completely awesome...you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now where's the comment I left?
    Machine musta ate it.
    Congrats is what it said!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have quite an amazing story, Lesia! I am a new reader of your blog, so I had no idea that you were wheelchair bound for 14 years. Now my excuses not to exercise in the past just look pathetic (well... they always looked pathetic, but now even more so!) :-)

    I'm enjoying your blog and I wish you well on your continued healthiness journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! I am so very very proud of you. You are amazing. I love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WAY TO GO! :) That is fantastic...you should be REALLY proud of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You so ROCK!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete